Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Learn how to make a perfect shrimp cocktail at home, including your own homemade cocktail sauce and how to cook the shrimp so that they’re tender, juicy and delicious.
- 1 lb Shrimp, (medium) peeled and deveined
- 1 Jalapeno, seeds & membranes removed, diced
- 2 cups ¡Yo Quiero!™️ Medium Salsa
- 2 cup Bottled Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp Prepared White Horseradish
- 1 tbsp Canned Chipotle Chilies, chopped
- 2 cups ¡Yo Quiero!™️ Chunky Avocado
Bring a medium size pot of water to boil (can add any aromatics as desired: onion, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, etc). Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is pink in color. Remove the shrimp from the water and place in an ice bath or rinse with cold water.
Mix first 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Mix in 1 tablespoon chilies. Taste, adding more chilies if a spicier flavor is desired.
Layer the avocado and cocktail salsa into a stemless wine glass or small cup. Top with 2 to 4 shrimp and enjoy!